La Mav is a Luxury, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty-Free and Anti-Ageing Skincare brand. All La Mav Products are formulated with scientifically proven Bio-Active Ingredients which work at a cellular level to deliver visible results. La Mav is completely unique in its ability to deliver these Bio-Active ingredients from entire plant-derived sources and in 2008 it was launched as Australia’s first Certified Organic Anti-ageing Skincare range ‘infused with bio-active ingredients’.
La Mav started Daigou Connection campaign in August 2018.
A clear brand positioning is critical for the Daigou campaign. We did a research on the attractiveness of La Mav’s product range to the Daigou market, and we found that Chinese customers are looking forward to having a natural treatment experience with the products. “Make-up + repair” is a concept that could excite Chinese customers, and it’s also a strong feature which could differentiate La Mav from other brands.
We introduce the brand to the Daigou community with a strengthened image of “The first certificated organic brand in Australia” “Bio-active ingredients” and “No chemical, no poisonous substance”, delivering not only a product but also a healthy lifestyle to Chinese consumers.
We chose BB Cream, Bio-active Primer, and Eye Cream to be promoted, as there is not a dominant BB Cream brand on the market yet, and the Primer can be a good partner to be sold with the BB Cream. The BB Cream is highlighted with its color-adaptive feature, which is able to create naturally brighten skin.
We ran an advertorial campaign on 17th Aug. The advertorial kicked off the Daigou market, assisting Daigou and customers to understand the excellence of the products and strengthen La Mav’s market positioning.
For now, we are
1. Introducing La Mav to 240 Daigou shop owners, 40 Taobao store owners, and 600 tour guides in Sydney and China;
2. Promoting La Mav within Daigou community (Wechat groups & Wechat moments);
3. Listing La Mav on the Liao Aus service account online mall;
4. Having La Mav banner inserted in the weekly updated articles on the Liao Aus service account;
5. Delivering marketing materials (3 Wechat posts per week) to Daigou retailers on behalf of La Mav;
6. Back cover creative ads on Australian Travel Guide Sep – Nov Issue;
7. Putting up 100 La Mav posters in Daigou shops of Sydney.
The advertorial got 14,550 page views by 24th Aug 2018
Online Mall Listing
Banner inserted in the weekly article
The first advertorial released on 17th Aug attracts 14,550 page views and highly active engagement: 80+ comments. Customers share with us their experience of make-up and feedbacks about La Mav products.
Who are the audiences
– 730k highly active followers, because they need to track their shipping items on the account.
– All the followers have had at least one experience of buying Australian products from Daigou.
– 80% of the followers are female, they are big spenders on vitamin, skin care, baby care, and food products.
– The follower’s number is increasing 1000-1500 on a daily basis.
– 100k+ followers are in Australia, and the others are mainly
distributed in the developed areas of mainland China, who are
likely to try something new.