Cherub Rubs was founded by a mum Keeli Cambourne, with 3 young children under the age of eight in 2004. Keeping her children’s bodies healthy is the only way this mum could be happy. Cherub Rubs originated from her kitchen to national and international markets today. Cherub Rubs becomes an Australia’s pioneer company offering Certified Organic skin care products. Cherub Rubs products are all accredited Australian Certified Toxic Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia.
Cherub Rubs started Daigou Connection campaign in September 2018.
We did a research on the competitiveness of Cherub Rubs’ product range in the Daigou market. We found that among the three most popular baby eczema cream brand in Daigou market: QV Ego, Hopes Relief, and Bepanthen, Cherub Rubs is the only certified organic brand, and the ingredients are the most simple and natural to baby skin. That is exactly what Chinese customers keen on for Australian baby care products. The safe and natural image is also the competitive advantage in the Daigou market.
We introduce the brand to the Daigou community with a strengthened image of “The first certificated organic baby care brand in Australia” and “No chemical, no poisonous substance”, delivering a “less is more” mindset of baby caring to Chinese families.
We chose Skin Sooth and Skin Balm as the main products to promote, as there is not a dominant brand (compared to shampoo & body wash) in the market yet, and the Skin Sooth can be a good partner to be sold with the Skin Balm.
We ran an advertorial campaign on 6th Sep. The advertorial kicked off the Daigou market, assisting Daigou and customers to understand the excellence of the products and strengthen Cherubs products market positioning – the safest baby care products.
For now, we are:
1. Introducing Cherub Rubs to 240 Daigou shop owners, 40 Taobao store owners, and 600 tour guides in Sydney and China;
2. Promoting Cherub Rubs within Daigou community (Wechat groups & Wechat moments);
3. Listing Cherub Rubs on the Liao Aus service account online mall;
4. Having Cherub Rubs banner inserted in the weekly updated articles on the Liao Aus service account;
5. Delivering marketing materials (3 Wechat posts per week) to Daigou retailers on behalf of Cherub Rubs;
6. Back cover creative ads on Australian Travel Guide Oct. Issue;
7. Putting up 100 Cherub Rubs’ posters in Daigou shops of Sydney.
The advertorial got 18,947 page views by 14th Sep 2018
Online Mall Listing.
Banner inserted in the weekly article
Wechat Moment Posts
The follower's number is increasing 1000-1500 on a daily basis
The first advertorial attracts 18,947 page views and highly active engagement: 58+ comments. Customers share with us their experience of baby caring and feedbacks about Cherub products: part of the customers express their interests of buying Cherbs products.
Who are the audiences?
– 760k highly active followers, because they need to track their shipping items on the account.
– All the followers have had at least one experience of buying
Australian products from Daigou.
– 80% of the followers are female, they are big spenders on
vitamin, skin care, baby care, and food products.
– The follower’s number is increasing 1000-1500 on a daily basis.
– 100k+ followers are in Australia, and the others are mainly
distributed in the developed areas of mainland China, who are
likely to try something new.